For some people, a car expresses the essence of their being. To others, it’s an object to get from point A to point B. We offer a variety of coverage and companies to choose from, based on your specific needs.
Depending on the company you choose, you can get discounts for:
- Being a Good Driver
- Being a Good Student
- Driving a Safe Car
- Having a Homeowners Policy with the same company
Other advantages you could enjoy:
- Free Windshield Repair
- 24-Hour Claims Hotline
- Guarantee on Repairs
- Flexible Payment Options
Advantages vary from company to company, and some require the purchase of certain coverages. We’ll review your options with you to find the company and coverage that are right for you.
Auto Insurance Questions
What should I consider when purchasing automobile insurance?
- Don’t base your decision on price alone. Base your decision on value – what you get for what you pay. Consider the quality of the company’s claims service and consumer education.
- Purchase the amount of liability coverage which makes sense for you.
- You should decide which optional coverages you want. For example, do you want optional physical damage coverages or is the market value of your car too low to warrant purchasing them.
- Once you have decided what you want in your automobile insurance policy, you can now decide from whom you would like to purchase the insurance. For example, you may decide you like the idea of purchasing insurance from a mutual company rather than a stock company.
How can I lower my automobile insurance rates?
It is not surprising to find quotes on automobile insurance that can vary by hundreds of dollars for the same coverage on the same car. When you shop, be careful to make sure each insurer is offering the same coverage. Many insurers use the ISO policy forms, but this is not always the case.
Another way to lower the cost of your automobile insurance is to look for any discounts that you may qualify for. For example, many insurers will offer you a discount if you insure multiple cars under the same policy, or if you have had a driver education class in the last five years. Be sure to ask your agent or your company about their discount plans.
Another easy way to lower the cost of your automobile insurance is to increase the deductible. Simply raising your deductible from $250 to $500 can lower your premium sometimes by as much as five or ten percent. However, you should be careful to make sure that you have the financial resources necessary to handle the larger deductible.
Do I really need to purchase automobile insurance?
Most states have enacted compulsory insurance laws that require drivers to have at least some automobile liability insurance. These laws were enacted to ensure that victims of automobile accidents receive compensation when their losses are caused by the actions of another individual who was negligent.
Except for the minimum liability coverages that you may be required to purchase, many people with older cars decide not to purchase any of the physical damage coverages. It is often the case that the cost of repairing the damages to an older car is greater than its value. In these cases, your insurer will usually just “total” the car and give you a check for the car’s market value less the deductible.
Are friends covered under my automobile insurance policy?
What is the difference between collision coverage and comprehensive coverage?
Comprehensive provides coverage for most other direct physical damage losses you could incur. For example, damage to your car from a hailstorm will be covered under your comprehensive coverage.
It is important to know the differences between the collision and comprehensive coverages for a couple of reasons.
- In order to make an informed purchasing decision about these optional coverages, you need to know the difference between them.
- The deductibles under the collision and comprehensive coverages are often different in amount.
What factors can affect the cost of my automobile insurance?
The type of car you drive, the purpose the car serves, your driving record, and where you live can all affect how much your automobile insurance will cost you.
Even your marital status can affect your cost of insurance. Statistics show that married people tend to have fewer and less costly accidents than do single people.